Friday, November 28, 2008

Library


Bored and alone reading forgotten scribblings
Of unknown authors
In foreign languages
A Bulky desk and squeaky chair
Endless racks of dusty hardbacks
Stretch for hours
A drumming white noise
Pours from the ventilation system
Above my head

Alone in the library
Alone - not alone
Someone fucking sees me

I creep though the volumes
A shadow stalking me
Its not the sexy librarian
I run through endless racks
Chasing the person I see
The authors voices scream at me
the voices pound my eardrums
RRAAAAWWWWWW hahaha
From each page a thousand laughter
A cacophony of insane banter

RRUUNNNNN
running
I can see you
Don't leave MEEE!!

A voice over the intercom
*Scratch *scratch
"The library will close in 30 minutes
Checkout will close in 15"
*scratch *scratch

I must finish this mystery,
Piece together a conspiracy
From newspapers and microfiche
I furiously highlight, underline
And make notes in the margin
For the next person to find.
They need to know! They need to know
What has been going on

No comments: