Friday, October 24, 2008

Mark of Cain


Tattoos and burns
My body tells the story
In cryptic code
of Cain's legacy

He has given me over
To my own depraved mind Romans 1:28
Like father like son
The thing you created
Is the thing you love to hate

A cryptic language
Carved into my skin
Reminding me
Of every sin

There’s something inside me
Two parts of a whole
Each set against the other
Wanting to tear me apart

I feel the days pass
My bones want to come out
Flesh burns away
Twisting entrails hold poisons
A heart filled with cyanide
Epidermis embedded with glass and tacks
Foreign objects of metallic origin

A cryptic language
Carved into my skin
Reminding me
Of every sin

In my dreams
Wild dogs chase me all night
A black river in the forest
Two strange girls on the banks laugh and hold me
I shout out strange words in my sleep
Running in all directions
Following the glow of some distant light

Of Masks and Maps
Discerning between dream and reality
Is a difficult thing
As I follow the Black River east

Miscreant
Driven
Breathless
Wondering


Carve.wav -

No comments: