Sunday, August 3, 2008

Playing the Angel

I was at my old apartment sweeping the front porch. A blond girl yelled "Hey dude!" as I was just going back inside. I could tell the type from 50 yards away and I figured she was trouble. I left the front door open and went in the other room. By that time, she had gotten to my front door and was asking for me to come. I was torn as to whether, like the other crackheads that haunt my neighborhood, she was just another druggy. Then the thoughts overcame me, does she need help, is she in trouble, etc etc. So I came out, reluctantly.

She was very easy on the eyes and she started murmuring something about being kicked out of her house, having 5 dollars, a cigarette and about me being over 21.

It took my a while to actually understand what she was talking about. The smell of alcohol was strong, and I guessed that she must have been kicked out because her roommates didn't know what the hell she was saying.

She didn't seem too bright, and I figured on any normal day, a guy could use that to his advantage. It is every guy's wet dream, a drunk, stupid blond at their door begging to go someplace private and get drunk.

I turned her down on the cigarette and drinking with her, even though those are perhaps my two favorite things in the world. That might have been my worst decision.

No comments: