1) If you violate the law, you still have to pay the price. (if you do not accept the bible)
2) If you violate the law, you will not have to pay the price. (if you do accept the bible etc.)
1) violations are infinite. therefore infinite punishment is required.
2) You are not judged according to your father's crimes.
First, MudSkipper is my last name, so you can call me either. (J/K)
1) Still doesn't change the fact that I object to the punishment.
1) That's silly. This doesn't fit the normal system of justice. A lapse of judgment for 2 seconds that it takes to steal a stick of gum, should not require an infinite punishment.
(BTW do you have quotations for this).
Here's an example;
Modern ( normal) Law;
Steal a stick of gum (As an adult) = $1,000 fine and 24 hrs in jail.
Murder someone = Go to jail for a long time.
Steal a stick of gum = Burn alive for eternity
Murder someone = Burn alive for eternity
By definition, your God has abnormal justice, which doesn't correspond to how I believe the world SHOULD be.
2) According to the bible, we have all commited a crime, because we are descendants of Adam. Ergo, we have to pay for the "crimes" of our "fathers."
Here I am using "Fathers" figuratively. We were all "born into sin" according to your Bible.
The fact that you try to get around this suggests that you are using your modern conscience to evaluate the Bible. There may be hope for you yet.
So my standard of justice is better than that of your God, because it is not what they call "Draconian." Draconian laws treat murder and stealing as equal crimes. It is more in line with the way justice SHOULD be handled.
Another point you confuse is that under Modern Law, you cannot simply ask the judge to forgive you (for either stealing or murdering). But according to Biblical law, you can in essence "Bribe" the judge. Does that make sense to you?
It doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if you are going to burn a person for eternity, at least inflict SOME punishment for murderers who cop a plea bargain. There is ZERO consistancy here.
It's kinda strange, how I can speak so rationally with a person who honestly believes that people should be burned alive for eternity. And you speak about it so calmly. That is just strange. I mean what is going on in your head?? What has happened in your life that you have become so detatched from your own FEELINGS that you would consider this as a logical end for ANYONE!!!?
Doesn't make sense. It DOESN"T make sense.